Elk Hunting in New Mexico
We welcome rifle elk hunters, archery hunters and muzzleloader hunters. Click below on each of our elk hunts to read more about each hunt and New Mexico elk hunting locations.
Rifle hunts cover rut activity and the move into bachelor groups. Our average success rate is 80% on these hunts.
- Hunts take place in Catron County in southwest New Mexico and Rio Arriba County.
- 2 x 1 guide service or 1 x 1 upgrade available.
- Hunts are October through December.
- We guide in Unit 15, Unit 16A, Unit 16C, Unit 16D, Unit 16E, Unit 23
- Archery, Rifle, Muzzleloader Hunts
- 6th Largest National Forest in the U.S.
- 3.3 million acres of public land
- Boone & Crocket, Pope & Young and SCI record books are full of trophy bull elk taken from these units.
- We guide in Unit 5B, Unit 6A, Unit 6C
- Archery, Muzzleloader, Rifle Hunts
- Units are located in Rio Arriba County, New Mexico
- 89,000 acres with limited access and licences
- H&A Outfitters is licenced to hunt the Valles Caldera National Hunting Preserve
- The Valles Caldera is a once in a lifetime hunting opportunity